*PSA: if abortion/political talk makes you uncomfortable for personal reasons please feel free to ignore this message and do not feel obligated to read or reblog it
as most of you who have kept up with current events over the past 24 hours know two major things happened within that time frame
- prop 8 was dismissed and DOMA was ruled unconstitutional
- the texas bill threatening majority of abortion clinics (only 5 would still be open) and the time period in which a woman could have an abortion, no matter her circumstances, was declared dead
fun fact about that second major thing
it isn’t true anymore
about midday today the news broke that texas governor rick perry was holding a special session on july 1st (that’s less than a week) to vote over several issues, one of them personally highlighted as a priority by perry himself was the recently killed bill
this means that unless feminists/reproductive rights activists pull together within less than a week to take action, the bill has a very high chance of passing
now onto the real issue i took with this occurrence
- as soon as my friend and i saw the perry article released we made text posts and tweets asking people to signal boost this injustice to texan citizens, the posts included links to write to representatives, and even a sample essay for those who weren’t sure what to write
- at least ten people on my twitter with an average of 150 followers each continuously signal boosted this news, but only a few of them received retweets, majority of those retweets from the same people in the same social circle desperate to spread the message
- there were several text posts about the issue made by people with thousands of followers, and the most notes gotten on a post was 400, even when including posts from the rick perry tag
it was less than 24 hours ago that tumblr was so excited about feminism and reproductive rights, it even managed to be extremely inclusive of the trans* community, those with multiple gender identities, and pocs
people even threatened riots in the streets over this bill passing, yet today i have not seen one post on my tl speaking about the issue from someone i don’t know personally
not only am i extremely disappointed in some of my friends/followers, but i am disappointed in tumblr as a whole. my friends and i provided you with source material and resources, and only asked for something as simple as a single reblog or retweet.
tumblr you have dragged the very same people you would have committed murder for last night through the mud by not showing any support and words cannot even express how much that hurts me
feminism and reproductive rights are not relevant only when you want them to be, they are always something worth fighting for, especially when you have your battle plan literally handed to you
there is still time to make amends, and i hope everyone who reads this can learn from it and prevent it from happening again, but for now, i’m not going to get my hopes up about the quality of the tumblr community for a very long time
Major signal boost.
Second major signal boost. Seriously, guys, this isn’t over yet. Write write write to those representatives!
So early this week I was thinking about how being invulnerable was one of the best things a super hero could have but than I thought about one I never thought about before. What if you could have a person live everyday of another persons life? It could be used to prevent murder or to cause pain. It would be humanizing every person because you could eventually know what it is like to be them. I could easily cause pain because the killer of a person could have to relive the fear of being killed multiple times. This would be a power that would be painful to have.
>o<h, hi there new pers>o<n. hehe thanks f>o<r c>o<ming al>o<ng and stuff. w>o<ah i sh>o<uld intr>o<duce myself while i’m at it, i’m >o<diane, and wh>o< are y>o<u??
I am Matt and you just reminded me that I have to welcome some special people to my Role playing blog. If you want we can role play sometime.
I was thinking that IndopuI would originally have a deer for an adoptive lusus because his original lusus was killed and they were the only one willing to adopt him. This would also explain him trying to be calm even when he is made.
OOC: I will be trying to think up names for characters that I have and if you have any ideas for names just message me with them.
1. A mad doctor that creates horrendous experiments that they just end up killing in the end.
2. A mutant blood that has a flying lusus ( leaning towards dragon ) and a semiprofessional racer.
What if instead of people saying “you are going to love this blog on your dashboard” they said “You will hard this blog on your dashboard so much that you will not only block me but also send me anon hate.”? Just am idea that I think no one would do.
If you could not tell form the title of this text post I have come up with a simple but time consuming quark for a troll that I have avoided making for several reasons one of which is homework and not having a name. Also I have two other trolls that I have most of the story and look done for but no quark, weapon or name. If you want to help out just say what you have on mind.
TB: Yes A felloW iNdigo blood but I Am still Not Worth You tiMe or Are You AfrAid siNce I haVe beeN this blood color loNger?
Indigo!CB: Look, fucker, Ah’m just gonna have as much fun s’Ah can a’fore Ah turn back into that LOSER Ah was.
TB: HaVe You tried buildiNg Your self-esteeM first or Writing Activities thAt You WANt to do NoW so After You chaNge bacK You Will haVe a reMinder About What it feels to be INdigo?